AARP Tax Assistance | Guest Group
March 28 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
February 7 through April 11
Tuesdays | 9:00 AM – 2:30 PM | Appointment Only
If you are a low – to middle-income taxpayer, you may qualify to receive AARP tax preparation assistance.
Trained volunteers will be available at the Life Center for APPOINTMENT ONLY assistance starting in February.
To make an appointment CLICK HERE or please call the Life Center at 303-953-7180. Note that you do not need to be a member of AARP or be of a certain age to receive tax-assistance.
Bring all of the following items for you and your dependent(s), if applicable
- A valid government-issued photo identification for yourself (and spouse if applicable and filing jointly): Examples-driver’s license, military ID, passport.
- Government issued evidence of Social Security number for yourself (and spouse and dependents, if applicable): Examples–Social Security card, Medicare card, SSA-1099 form.
- A copy of last year’s tax return.
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099 MISC from each employer.
- Interest (1099 INT) and dividend (1099 DIV) statements.
- Unemployment compensation forms.
- Bank account number & routing number if you desire a direct deposit; bring a check (not a deposit slip).
- If filing a joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign required forms.
- If claiming child care expenses, a letter from the provider showing name, address amounts received,
child’s name and the provider’s Tax Identification Number.